Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Frontier!

Assalamualaikum,


I went to Klinik Kesihatan Jinjang, Kuala Lumpur yesterday to have my teeth checked. I walked-in without any prior appointment and the dental clinic accepted me without much hesitancy. I registered with RM1 and have 3 of my teeth patched with RM6 (RM2 per tooth) in half an hour! Excellent service!!. Can you imagine how cheap and fast that was?? It will cost me more than RM100 to get that done in a private dental clinic you know!


I am very thankful to the government for this service. Being a doctor myself, I know how our service affects the people of Malaysia. And, nowadays, the public is more demanding than ever (and yet they're paying RM1 for the service and all the medication). When the government want to increase the fee to RM2, the public roars as if somebody kidnapped their child away from them). RM2??? They don't mind paying minimum RM50 if they go to the private GP clinic, or more than a thousand in a private hospital. But to pay RM2 in the government hospital, they make such a fuss...hmmmm. Don't worry, I understand. All of us want superclass service, superfast service for free right? If possible, why not? That will be great!


And yet, the Barisan Nasional government continues to offer more. The introduction of 1Malaysia Clinic by the Prime Minister, Datuk Sri Najib Tun Razak in January 2010 offers better health service to more people. The government plan to develop fifty 1Malaysia Clinics to offer the cheapest medical services at only RM1. Click here


Latest, the Deputy Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin who visited Limbang and Lawas last week promised to set-up 1Malaysia Clinic in the areas. The area is home to some 49,000 people mostly Orang Ulu and a minority of Malays, Chinese and Ibanese.



(Picture: www.money4invest.com)


I think, as Malaysian (and Muslim), we should be thankful to Allah for all that we have today. Be thankful for Islam, for our faith (Iman), for our health, job, children, home, car(s) that we have. Be thankful for the peace that we have in our country, for being able to work and lead normal life, for being able to pray, fast, and do the other obligations towards our religion without fear.


Would you risk to lose all of these by choosing the uncertainty?

No comments:

Post a Comment