Friday, February 18, 2011

Swanson's classification

Salam,

It has been quite a while since I last updated my blog. This time, I am thinking of making a little contribution to my colleagues and friends who are studying Master in Orthopaedics Surgery. One of many ways to memorize things, facts and information is by making pneumonics.

Just want to share a new pneumonic that my colleagues (Dr. Sabarudin and Dr. Zainal) and I formulated for Swanson classification for congenital hand deformities.

The easy way to remember is by the pneumonic:

CUFFd DOG

C - Congenital Constriction Band Syndrome
U - Undergrowth (Madelung's deformity)
F - Failure of Formation
Fd - Failure of Differentiation
D - Duplication (polydactyly)
O - Overgrowth (macrodactyly)
G - Generalized Skeletal anomalies


That's all for now. Just email me if you want more info.

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment